The following cases are exempt from the H-1B cap:
1) extensions for current H-1B workers, whether for a new or existing employer in sequential employment situations;
2) concurrent employment in a second H-1B position;
3) amended petitions;
4) H-1B employment for nationals of Chile or Singapore;
5) petitions for new employment at an exempt organization such as a nonprofit research organization, an institution of higher education or an affiliated nonprofit entity; and
6) 20,000 H-1B visas for graduates of U.S. universities who have earned a master's-level or higher degree.