Karen-Lee Pollak is the Managing Partner of Pollak PLLC. Selected as a Chambers and Partners Global Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers (USA) 2017, D Magazine Best Lawyers in Texas, Texas Rising Star® by Texas Monthly, featured as one of Newsweek’s Leaders in Immigration Law Showcase and named by Corporate Intl Magazine Legal Award as ‘Immigration Law Firm of the Year in Texas’, Karen-Lee provides full-service legal immigration counsel to large corporations, small businesses and individuals. Karen-Lee’s immigration docket routinely includes representing businesses, investors and families in obtaining immigrant and non-immigrant visas to live and work in the United States. Karen-Lee also assists corporations in compliance audits and immigration-related corporation policy formulation. Her immigration litigation practice focuses on federal court litigation under the Administrative Procedure Act.
As an immigrant herself and as the past immigration practice chair of the Dallas office of one of the world’s largest law firms, Karen-Lee understands what a critical legal and emotional decision it is to move employees or family to the United States in a timely and efficient manner.
Karen-Lee is a frequent speaker and writer on immigration issues, she is the author of an immigration blog, When Immigration Matters that provides information and updates on immigration issues, topics and tips. Karen-Lee is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the California and Texas Bar Associations.
- Mandamus and Petition for Review proceedings in Federal Court for wrongful denial of application for citizenship and delays in adjusting permanent residency applications.
- Obtaining P Visas for Australian PGA golfers.
- Helping a legendary Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame Inductee and Promoter bring Australian Rodeo Champions to live and perform in the United States.
- Assisting a renowned Scientist in self-petitioning for Permanent Residency (Green Card) as an Alien of Extraordinary Ability.
- Assisting a famous international Writer in obtaining an O-1 Visa.
- Helping citizens of NAFTA countries including England, Canada, France and Pakistan in obtaining Investment and/or Trader Visas.
- Obtaining Permanent Residency for several workers in the EB2 and EB3 categories and their families.
- Representation of publicly-traded company in obtaining an Intercompany (L-1) transfer.
- Representation of family members in sponsoring spouses, children and parents for Green Cards.
- Author of the popular immigration blog, When Immigration Matters
- Chambers and Partners Global Guide to World's Leading Lawyers (USA), 2016 & 2017
- D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas (Immigration Law), 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
- 2013 Corporate Intl Magazine Legal Award ‘Immigration Law Firm of the Year in Texas’
- Featured in Newsweek’s Leaders in Immigration Law Showcase, 2012
- Selected by attorney peers as a Texas Rising Star®, Texas Monthly, 2009
Activities & Memberships
- Genesis Women’s Shelter Pro Bono Immigration Services
- Military Assistance Project (MAP), pro bono volunteer
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Dallas Bar Association, Community Involvement Committee
- Texas Women Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Association
- California Bar Association