Have you heard the HUGE news???
TODAY, President Obama is finally granting DREAMers relief from deportation. DREAM Act youth ages 15-30 will be able to apply for protection from deportation and work permits, which will grant DREAMers a way to contribute to the country they call home. This is a HUGE milestone for DREAMers, who have been fighting for years for the chance to lead successful and prosperous lives here in America.
President Obama will be making this announcement at 1:15 PM EST today. It’s going to be livestreamed here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/live <http://act.americasvoiceonline.org/page/m/327377c8/1fb6b443/1e849a0f/6f20bd08/1228752342/VEsH/>
History is being made -- be sure to tune in!
Preliminary information indicates that eligible applicants must:
- Be 15-30 years old, and have entered before age 16
- Have been present in the U.S. for 5 years as of June 15, 2012
- Have maintained continuous residence
- Have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes
- Be currently enrolled in high school, graduated or have a GED, or have enlisted in the military
The deferred action offer will be available to those in proceedings as well as to those who apply affirmatively.
We will provide further details today.