When Immigration Matters

Immigration Question of the Day | Differences Between H-1B & EB Visas

Posted by Michael Pollak on Aug 12, 2010 10:23:00 AM

I am a recent graduate F1 student, and I want to immigrate to the US. I have a master degree in business administration.

I wonder what type of employment immigration I should process. What are the differences between a H-1B and a EB visa (overview, processing time, procedure, requirements, advantages...)? Is there any salary base restrictions for employers to employ and sponsor me?

The primary difference between an H-1B and EB visa is that an H-1B is temporary, valid for three years and renewable for an additional three years whereas an EB visa is a permanent visa for which you get a green card and lawful permanent residence.

Both visas require an employer to sponsor you. You can get approval for the H-1B visa in as little as 15 days if you pay the premium processing fee ($1000). There are still H-1B visas available this year.  As of August 6, 2010 only 11,900 cap eligible petitions have been filed out 20,000 for the H-1B Master's Exemption.

Both types of visas require your employer to pay you the prevailing wage for your job.

For additional information on these types of visas, please visit the attached links.

Immigration question?  We have answers.  Free phone consultation available | 800-969-5529 

Immigration question

Tags: Immigration Question, Non Immigrant Visas, Immigration, Immigration Visas, Specialty Occupation Visa, H-1B, Employment Based Visas

Contact Us Today

Posts by popularity

Posts by category