Department of Homeland Security announced today that with immediate effect, eligible Israeli Citizens can travel to the USA without first obtaining a visa. Previously, this program was scheduled to take effect in November 2023. Travel is for no more than 90 days, saving time and money in lengthy delays and sometimes costly visa applications. Israelis will have to register with Customs and Border Protection ("CBP") Electronic System for Travel Authorization ("ESTA") in order to qualify for travel without a visa.
In order to qualify for ESTA, Israeli citizens will need to establish that:
- You are an Israeli Citizen
- You are currently not in possession of a visitor's visa.
- Your travel is for 90 days or less.
- You plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure.
The following documents and information are needed:
- Valid Israeli passport(s) from a Visa Waiver Program country.
- Traveler's home address, phone number and email.
- Traveler's emergency point of contact phone number and email
- Payment is $21.00 (USD) and may be made by credit card.
The following information may also be required:
- Traveler's National ID or Personal ID number (If Applicable).
- Traveler's Global Entry/NEXUS/SENTRI ID number (If Applicable).
- Traveler's employer address and phone number (If Applicable).
- Traveler's U.S. point of contact name, address, and phone (If Applicable).
- Traveler's aliases or other names (If Applicable).