When Immigration Matters

Pollak PLLC

Recent Posts

How Can H-2A and H-2B Workers Get Green Cards?

Posted by Pollak PLLC on Wed, Sep 15, 2021 @ 3:53 PM

Many employment-based visas allow a path for temporary visa holders to become lawful permanent residents by obtaining a green card. Even though H-2A and H-2B visas are temporary in nature, there are ways for these workers to obtain green cards. The H-2 visa evidences non-immigrant intent, and the green card evidences immigrant intent. If an H-2 worker evidences immigrant intent, it is unlikely their H-2 visa will be renewed. This process is quite nuanced and should be timed very carefully.   

Read More

10 Things Employers Need to Know About H-1B Workers and Compliance

Posted by Pollak PLLC on Wed, Aug 18, 2021 @ 3:49 PM

One option for employers needing to bring over foreign talent to fill positions for specialty occupations is the H-1B visa. This nonimmigrant visa allows employees to legally reside and work in the U.S. for an initial period of three years, which may be renewed for an additional three years—possibly beyond these six years with an approved Form I-140 (Petition for Immigrant Worker) filed by an employer. 

Read More

Contact Us Today

Posts by popularity

Posts by category