When Immigration Matters

September Visa Bulletin and What Lies Ahead for Fiscal Year 2017

Posted by Karen-Lee Pollak on Tue, Aug 16, 2016 @ 3:47 PM

The U.S. Department of State (DOS) issues a monthly visa bulletin summarizing the availability of immigrant visa numbers.  The DOS has now issued the September 2016 Visa Bulletin.  This is the final visa bulletin for fiscal year 2016, and the new FY will begin October 1st.   

Read More

FATCA Tax Reporting for US. Residents with Foreign Bank Accounts

Posted by Karen-Lee Pollak on Thu, Apr 23, 2015 @ 5:48 PM

Today I asked my colleague and friend International Tax Attorney Richard Rubin to explain in an article the new FATCA tax reporting rules that goes into effect on June 30, 2015.  FATCA impact US citizens, Green Card holders and other US tax resident individuals who have accounts with non-US banks or financial institutions.

Read More

EB 2 Annual Visa Limits Reached for India and China

Posted by Karen-Lee Pollak on Thu, Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

AILA has confirmed with the State Department that the annual limit in the EB-2 category for China-mainland born and India has been reached. The State Department notified USCIS on April 11, 2012, that no further visas for those categories would be authorized. This is the “additional corrective action” that was forecast as a possibility in Section D of the May 2012 Visa Bulletin (AILA Doc. No. 12040652). USCIS will continue to accept adjustment applications based upon cut-off dates published in the April and May Visa Bulletins. However, requests from USCIS service centers and field offices for visas in the EB-2 category aliens chargeable to China-mainland born or India will be retained by DOS for authorization in FY2013, beginning on October 1, 2012.

Read More

Non Immigrant Visa Options (E-1 & E-2 Visas) to Obtain a Green Card

Posted by Michael Pollak on Fri, Oct 09, 2009 @ 8:35 AM

Learn how to obtain a green card via the E visa category.  This article outlines the three basic requirements for obtaining an E-1 (Treaty Trader) or E-2 (Investment) visa though trade and investment in the U.S. 

New call-to-action

Read More

Contact Us Today

Posts by popularity

Posts by category