When Immigration Matters

How to Qualify for an E-2 Investor Visa

Posted by Michael Pollak on Sat, Jan 12, 2013 @ 12:09 PM

Immigration attorney Karen-Lee Pollak explains how to get a green card by investing in the United States. 

Read More

Alternative Visa Options Once H-1B Cap Is Reached

Posted by Michael Pollak on Sat, Feb 27, 2010 @ 8:45 AM


Read More

Non Immigrant Visa Options (E-1 & E-2 Visas) to Obtain a Green Card

Posted by Michael Pollak on Fri, Oct 09, 2009 @ 8:35 AM

Learn how to obtain a green card via the E visa category.  This article outlines the three basic requirements for obtaining an E-1 (Treaty Trader) or E-2 (Investment) visa though trade and investment in the U.S. 

New call-to-action

Read More

Immigration 101: E-1 or Treaty-Trader Visa

Posted by Michael Pollak on Mon, Aug 17, 2009 @ 2:04 PM

An E-1 or Treaty-Trader visa is for individuals involved in the exchange, purchase or sale of goods, services or merchandise. Services include but are not limited to technology architecture, engineering consulting or accounting services. The trade must principally be between the United States and the treaty country. That is, more than 50 percent of the total volume of international trade must be between the U.S. and the treaty country. Also, the amount of trade must be sufficient to ensure a continuous flow
of international trade between the U.S. and the treaty country.

Read More

Immigration 101: Green Cards via Trade & Investment in the USA

Posted by Michael Pollak on Mon, Aug 17, 2009 @ 1:45 PM

For most foreign nationals wanting to permanently live and work in the United States, the ultimate goal is to obtain a "green card" or permanent residency status. The most common method of obtaining permanent residency is through sponsorship by an employer or family member.

Read More

The Treaty-Trader/Treaty Investor Visa (E-1/E-2)

Posted by Michael Pollak on Sat, Aug 01, 2009 @ 1:07 PM

"E" or "treaty" visas are available to persons or entities engaging in trade between the United States and their home country or persons and entities coming to the United States to develop and direct enterprises in the United States in which they are investing substantial amounts of capital. The E-2 category includes individual investors as well as managers, executives, and "essential skills" employees of business entities that make the investment. As a threshold issue, in order for a foreign national to qualify for this visa there must be a trader or investor treaty between the United States and the applicant's home country. For treaty traders, the company set up in the United States must be at least 50% owned by a treaty country national, but the applicant does not have to be an owner of the business. There must be a "substantial" flow of trade (either goods or services) between the U.S. business and the treaty national's home country. The USCIS determines whether the trade is substantial on a case-by-case basis. Factors that may be considered include the nature of the business, the number of transactions, the quantity of trade and the outlay of capital.

Read More

Contact Us Today

Posts by popularity

Posts by category